London or Glasgow with hybrid working
Full-time | Permanent
Everyday Data analysts prepare, process, and analyse data to help inform business decisions. They create Power BI dashboards and visualizations to share their findings with stakeholders and provide recommendations driven by data. Using their problem-solving skills to propel the business forward. As a technical member of the Business Intelligence & Analytics team, you will use SQL, Python, Snowflake, Power BI, and R to build reports, data pipelines, dashboards, applications, and advanced business intelligence products that assist in decision-making and process improvement. As an integral member of the team, you will be expected to own the resolution of complex business issues, proactively communicate and collaborate with other employees, including technical peers located internationally.
- Understand and analyse the assigned company processes, drivers, complexities, and operational then use data analysis to improve efficiency and data visualisations to tell the story with data
- Evaluate current Business Intelligence needs including upgrades and new product
- Drive innovation, process optimisation, and critical/analytical thinking with stakeholders and
- Be the technical representative and Power BI data visualisation expert that stakeholders and leaders can use to interpret and develop new or existing insights
- Take initiative in recommending data driven solutions to best serve future business
- Use technical tools such as SQL, R, Python, and/or Power BI to develop compelling stories that can drive positive business outcomes.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and break down high- level information into details that provide insight for stakeholders and the business
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Elicit requirements from business stakeholders using interviews, document analysis, Understanding business process descriptions, use cases and scenarios. Taking those requirements and translating them into data and dashboard solutions
- Successfully engage in multiple simultaneous initiatives and projects
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with internal customers to analyze information needs, functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Business Requirements Document, Use Cases, product requirements documents, written reports, dashboards, and other visual reports used to operate the business
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Manage projects and coordinate
- Ensure all products, artifacts, and analytics produced by yourself meet quality
- Weekly meetings with stakeholders (e.g. Leadership and Team from HQ) to discuss priority ranks for each task/project
- Other duties as assigned by Head of IT
Minimum Education: Bachelors degree – Bachelor of Science (BS, B.Tech, etc.) in a mathematically intensive field like Computer Science, Statistics, Data Analytics, Economics, Software Development, Engineering, IT (if technical), Mathematics, etc.
Preferred Education: Masters in Similar Fields – Graduate Degree MBA or MS in Data Analytics, Statistics, or Data Science preferred. MS in a technical field like computer science, math, physics, IT, or engineering is also acceptable
Minimum Years of Experience:
- 3 years’ experience writing SQL queries and stored procedures
- 3 years’ experience with data enterprise visualization platforms such as MS Power BI, Tableau, or similar.
- 3 years’ experience with structured software programing languages (Python, R )
- 1 year experience solving complex business needs in the role of business analyst, business process manager, business architect, or other technical expert company leaders leverage for answers to complex technical questions.
- Intermediate experience with ANSI and Microsoft T
- The ability to explain data and analytical findings to colleagues all levels of the organization and of varied technical backgrounds.
- Experience with data visualization products including Tableau or similar, Power BI
- Conceptual understanding cloud-based data solutions and ETL processes including
- Conceptual understanding of Data, Systems security
- The ability to build applications, reports, dashboards and analytics that adhere to data and system security
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft productivity tools including Power Point, Word, and
- The ability to interpret financial and operational
- The ability to solve complex
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to stakeholders, team members, and
- Conceptual understanding of data formatting, transformation and sourcing.
- Vitality Private Health Insurance
- 32 days A/L (Including Bank holiday), increasing to 33 days after 2 years
- Cycle Scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Workplace Pension
- British Sign Language Level 1, 2 & 3
- Life Relevancy Plan
- VRS Package
- Company Sick Pay
- We Care Service
We are Equal Opportunities Employer
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a successful company. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of any protected characteristics from the Equality Act (2010). We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.